Located on the Cabot Trail, Cape Breton
The Wreck Cove General Store was opened in 1976, and was taken over in 2014 by a young Ontario couple living the Cape Breton dream. We are open year-round, offering fuel, hot coffee, grocery basics, little necessities for the camper and traveler, and local information. As the seasons change, so do our hours, our stock, and our pace. Our business matches what's happening in Cape Breton.
A few of our popular season offerings:
- Our World Famous fresh lobster sandwiches or tasty crab roll.
- Hunting permits, fishing licenses.
- Ice cream!
- T-shirts, jackets, hats and Cape Breton souvenirs.
While not a complete list, here are other handy things you can find at the store:
- Snowmobilers maps, snacks.
- Tourists information, maps, post cards and stamps, snacks, camera film and photo storage, small batteries, basic fishing lures, first aid items, clothing—genuine Sou'westers, summer hats, windbreakers and other novelties.
- Collectors crafts, collectibles, a nice selection from Cape Breton Books.
New in 2017: Ravens Rock Cottages
During the busy tourist season, we have a wider range of snacks for the road, and carefully chosen gift and clothing items. Throughout summer and fall we stock more grocery items, as well as licenses and permits for hunting and fishing. We try always to provide a good selection of local products, organic and fair trade foods (and coffee!), well-made clothing, and interesting crafts and books.
- Grocery items: canned goods, breads, eggs, milk, potatoes, cheese, salt, tea, paper towels, dish soap, light bulbs—a nice range of basics, priced reasonably.
- Snacks: chocolate, chips and chewing gum, nuts and snack bars—including gluten-free options—ice cream in cones/cups, gourmet licorice and candy cups.
- Food: our famous lobster sandwich and crab sandwiches in season, subs and pizza bugers, locally made oat cakes and pepperoni, and huge, have-to-be-seen cinnamon rolls. Hot food available in the winter.
- Drinks: bottled water, assorted soda, juices, hot chocolate, teas (including chai varieties), fresh coffee.